A campaign is a one-time send to a pre-established target group of customers — like sending festival discounts, regular newsletters, sale announcements, or promotional sends. A campaign can be created and sent immediately, or it can be scheduled to be sent at a later time.
Creating a campaign is a 5 step process.
Fill in the basic information for your campaign.
- 1.Campaign Name: Give your campaign a name to refer to later.
- 2.Campaign Start Time: Specify when you want to send campaign messages. You can set it up immediately or schedule it for a later time.
- 3.Frequency Capping: Enable/disable frequency capping for the campaign. When enabled, the campaign message will not be sent to the customer if frequency capping has been exceeded. Learn more about frequency capping: Frequency Capping
- 4.UTM Tracking: Set UTM tracking parameters, all the links mentioned in the email will be modified with the UTM parameters mentioned.
Basic Campaign Information
Specify the group of customers who will receive the campaign messages. There are 3 options to specify here:
- 1.All Customers: With this option, all the customers present in Growlytics will receive campaign messages.
- 2.Segment: Customers present in the Segment specified will receive campaign messages.
- 3.Custom Segment: Target a specific set of customers without creating a segment for them.
- 4.Static List: Customers present in the specified static list (.csv list) will receive campaign messages.
Depending on the messaging channel, specify campaign contents here. Please refer to channel-specific campaign creation guidelines for this step.
When creating a campaign always keep in mind to set up a conversion goal. This will enable you to measure the effectiveness of your campaign and thereby filter out customers in the follow-up campaigns or messages.
Set up an exit criteria, this determines with a customer exits your campaign. This will also specify whether the customer should continue to receive all the messages in the campaign when they match the conversion goal or don't match your trigger criteria anymore.
This is the final step of publishing the campaign. You can review the details specified at each campaign step and you can launch the campaign.
The campaign summary shows us
- 1.How many campaigns have been created
- 2.The different channels through which the campaigns are running - Email, SMS, WhatsApp, Web Push, Mobile Push, etc.